Friday 18 February 2011

Breathtaking Mountain Ranges

I guess one of the best parts of living in Glasgow for me, is the easy access I have to the Scottish Highlands, be it along the northwest coast or even the Cairngorms. They are always only a couple of hours drive away.
The Mountains of Scotland's reputation benefits greatly from their accessibilty. They are not high in comparison to other ranges throughout the world, but when you consider that so many of Scotland's Munros start so near to sea level, the altitude of their summits becomes almost irrelevant.
The footage in the video below was shot on ranges all over the world including Patagonia, South America. An area where, in my opinion has the finest array of jagged mountain peaks in the world. Every time I view this film I'm drawn nearer to selling up and moving to Argentina! In a way I'm lucky that I have the Scottish Mountains to satisfy my hunger for the wilderness, if not, I'd already be there...      

...enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, great Blog, I like the way the trip reports are written. The mountains in Scotland may not be big compared to other places but they're vastly better than the the Hills in N.I.

    Scotland has it all in minature really, mountains, rivers, lochs and islands, it's my favourite destination although with only a week to spare I usually end up in the same places, Glencoe, Glen Nevis and Glenmore.

    Look forward to reading more (and catching up with your older stuff)

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great videos here - thanks. Particularly like the Messner video but the Highlands, having spent some mountaineering time in February, brings back some memories.

    ReplyDelete